Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Rabbit Hill Inn: Dottie Starin, Working in 1962, Visiting 30 Years Later

A big thank you to Dottie Starin, née Dorothy Jean Chase, who provided a 1988 New York Times article on the Rabbit Hill Inn, as well as her own photographs from a 1992 visit there.

Dottie wrote, "I worked there the Summer of 1962 after graduating from Concord High & only worked mostly in the motel rooms through October since I remember they were not heated rooms & Fall foliage was ending. The photos were from the 90’s. Probably 1992 as that would have been when I would have been up there for a reunion with my classmates when we got together on our own." She worked with Lola Bullock, whom she recalls as a very sweet person.

Dottie also has strong connections to the nearby churches, especially the Congregational church in East St Johnsbury village. She wrote, "I was married there in June 1963 [to William Thresher] and we had my mom & dad's 50th anniversary in the Church basement in December 1990."

Here are the gems that she mailed here, from her home in Texas. Click on each image to see them better. Thank you so much, Dottie!


 






No comments:

Post a Comment